Required for: September 2022
Group 2: Salary negotiable
The Governing Body of St Edmund’s Catholic Primary School are seeking a Headteacher to lead our school forward as we continue our vision for growth and creativity. You will be an outstanding classroom practitioner with the ability to share good practice and also a proven leader. We are a small (one form of entry), highly regarded school situated close to Canary Wharf with its excellent transport links.
We can offer you:
- work colleagues that are innovative, caring and supportive
- a strong school/parish partnership
- supportive leadership team, Governors and parents
- continued professional development to further your knowledge and ambitions
- genuine investment in your professional development in an innovative and thriving London borough
- the opportunity to contribute to the development of an exciting, forward-thinking organisation
- peer to peer networking, collaboration and challenge in a truly supportive working environment
- positive, happy children who are well behaved and enjoy coming to school and learning
We are looking for someone who can offer:
- a practising Catholic, fully committed to the Catholic ethos of our school
- the ability to support colleagues with strong leadership
- a commitment to team work, including with the parents and the wider community
- the ability to analyse and use data effectively
- to support the development of a clear vision that is embraced by all stakeholders
- the passion to focus relentlessly on what is best for our pupils and staff
- experience in creating a dynamic team who understand the true meaning of high quality provision
- a knowledgeable, highly driven and forward thinking leader who is able to promote new and innovative ideas
- commitment to achieving the best for each and every pupil, irrespective of their starting points
- ability to provide strong and supportive leadership within an ambitious organisation and can demonstrate a proven and extensive record of working alongside staff, parents and Governing Body.
St Edmund’s is a highly regarded school in the local community where the staff are focussed on each child achieving to the best of their ability. We have a creative and innovative curriculum which allows children to develop independent learning skills. We work collaboratively with local schools, catholic schools and an academy chain to enhance and broaden our work. We have trained most of the teachers in our school and have a very stable staff as a result.
The successful candidate can negotiate salary according to relevant expertise and experience.
You are warmly welcomed to visit the school (see dates below). Please phone or email the school to make an appointment (firstname.lastname@example.org). The Governors are also happy to speak to you and can be contacted via the school number or the admin email address.
WE CAN NOT ACCEPT C.V.s - all applications must be made on the downloadable application form (from the school website, www.st-edmunds-school.org) and, when completed, sent to email@example.com.
St Edmund's Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of children. We expect all staff to support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and an Enhanced DBS.
Visits to school: week commencing 10th January,2022
Closing date: noon on 28th January, 2022
Shortlisting: 4th February, 2022
Interviews will take place on: 10th/11th February, 2022