1st March 2022
Tower Hamlets Annual Parent Conference 2022: Families Matter
Please find attached a flyer to share with the parents and carers you work with to invite them to attend this year’s annual parent conference. We have also attached a publicity banner that can be used on your organisation’s plasma screens.
The conference will be taking place on Thursday 10th March 2022 from 9.30am online through Zoom.
45 minute bitesize webinars will be available throughout the day, starting on the hour from 10am to 2pm and an evening webinar at 6pm for attendees to drop into at their convenience.
Bookings to receive the Zoom link can be made via Eventbrite: www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/tower-hamlets-annual-parent-conference-2022-families-matter-online-event-tickets-274840022907
Schools are encouraged to support parents and carers to book their place to attend.
Virtual information market place on the Local Offer
We are also inviting partner organisations who would normally have a stall at our in person parent conference to provide any service/organisation information for our conference virtual information market place on the Local Offer. The link will be sent to all conference participants.
If you would like to provide information, please send a title, no more than 50 words for the description and a weblink or contact details for further information. Email submissions to email@example.com with “parent conference information market place” in the subject line.
For more information on the conference or for help with bookings, email firstname.lastname@example.org
News and information to support work with families: Thursday update for professionals 3rd March 2022
Holiday Childcare Scheme Bookings Open for Easter 2022:
Please promote to families and display the attached image on screens if possible
Tower Hamlets Parent Conference:
Please share the attached flyer with families
- The Tower Hamlets Parent Conference will be taking place on Thursday 10th March 2022 from 9.30am online through Zoom
- 45 minute bitesize webinars will be available throughout the day, starting on the hour from 10am to 2pm and an evening webinar at 6pm for attendees to drop into at their convenience
- Bookings to receive the Zoom link can be made via Eventbrite here
- Schools and settings: why not host your own parent conference event in your school hall or community parents room? Log on for the opening messages from 9.30am with a group of parents and send us your photos and selfies for a chance to win a one-off session delivered by the Parental Engagement Team. You can stay with us for the whole day or after the conference opening, support parents to log on independently to join us for the webinars throughout the day. Email email@example.com if your school or setting is interested in doing this.
Volunteering In Your Child’s School Course:
Please share the attached flyers with parents and school staff
- An accredited course delivered by the Parental Engagement Team
- Are you a parent who is interested in volunteering in school?
- Join the ten-week, Open College Network accredited course to prepare for your role as a volunteer and improve your career prospects
Learn all about:
- the curriculum and how children learn
- the latest teaching methods
- how to support children’s learning
- how to keep children safe
For more information and an application form email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please complete applications by the deadline of Monday 14 March
Spring Parenting Workshop Taster Series:
Please share the flyer with families
- An online series of tasters of popular courses delivered by the Parent and Family Support Service, including tips and strategies for parents and carers
- Please see the attached document or Eventbrite page for the list of sessions, topics, dates and times
- To book your place on a workshop and for more information on each session please use the link to Eventbrite here
- If you have any queries please get in touch by emailing email@example.com or call 0207 364 6398
Free Advice Sessions from the Language, Literacy and Communication Team:
Please share with parents
- Teachers from the Language, Literacy and Communication Team are running 2 sessions on Zoom
- The sessions are FREE
- See the attached timetable for session times, dates and joining details
Child Healthy Weight Pathway Launch:
Please share the attached flyer with families
- The Tower Hamlets Child Healthy Weight Team is looking for your thoughts on the development of the new Tower Hamlets Child Healthy Weight pathway
- This is a great opportunity to have your say and inform how we can best work together around this important issue
- Please do also share with colleagues as we would like to reach as many professionals working with children and young people as possible
- Click here to take the survey or follow the link in the attached flyer
Parent & Family Support Service ~ 3 March 2022
‘The Parent and Family Support Service builds resilience, independence and sustainability in local communities to support early help and is highly valued by the parents involved.’
Tower Hamlets Inspection of Children’s Social Care Ofsted Report 2019
To find out more about the work of the Parent and Family Support Service visit: www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/parentfamilysupport
Search the Local Offer for information about services available to children, young people and families in Tower Hamlets. www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/localoffer