News and information to support your work with families: Thursday update for professionals – 14th October 2021
Parent and Carer Council Meeting – This Saturday 16th October 2021, 10.45am-12.45pm Please promote to parents and carers.
The next Parent and Carer Council meeting as advertised in the Families Matter magazines and September e-bulletin is taking place on:
- Saturday 16th October 2021
- 10.45am-12.45pm (log on from 10.40am)
- Delivered over Zoom (log on details to be sent to confirmed attendees before the meeting)
Agenda is attached. Parents can book their place via the Eventbrite link www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/parent-and-carer-council-virtual-meeting-tickets-169460199017
For more information email email@example.com or call 020 7364 6049.
Parenting Programmes: Please add the attached timetable (‘Autumn Term 2021 Poster’ attached) to your website and share with parents.
Parenting programmes are a source of support for all parents and carers. They offer an opportunity to share experiences, build positive relationships and learn to deal with challenging behaviour.
- Please see the range of Parenting programmes available free to Tower Hamlets parents and carers (Poster attached)
- Professionals can refer with parental consent using the attached referral form
- For more information, to book a place or make a referral Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 020 7364 6398
Dads' Network Workshop, Keeping Children Safe Online: Please promote to the dads and male carers you work with or include in school newsletters
- Join the Dads' Network group for an online safety session with tips on how to keep children safe on the internet. This is also an opportunity to meet other dads and male carers in the borough and find out about the Tower Hamlets Dads' Network.
- Tuesday 19th October, 7-8pm (via Zoom)
- The session will be delivered over Zoom. Links will be sent to registered attendees.
- For more information or if dads would like to book their place, please email: email@example.com or call 020 7364 6398.
- Flyers for the Keeping Your Child Safe Online workshops currently being run in schools and community settings are also attached, one for parents and one for schools.
Covid-19 vaccination 12-15 year olds: Please share with parents and carers
Following the government’s announcement, Covid-19 vaccination programme for all 12-15 year olds will be rolled out in Tower Hamlets over the coming months. Please join one of the Public Health webinars to hear more and to ask any questions that you may have.
Webinars are taking place on the following dates via Zoom:
All webinars are taking place via online Zoom
Thursday 21st October 2021
Meeting ID: 916 5132 9680
Wednesday 27th October 2021
Meeting ID: 994 9738 8093
For more information, visit https://www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/vaccine
Webinar details can also available here: https://www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/WebinarsOct21
Free Family Cycle Training and Dr Bike Sessions: Please share with families
Tower Hamlets Council along with BikeWorks and Dr Bike will be running free family cycle training sessions and a bike-fixing session:
- In Victoria Park, E3 2LA, near the East Side entrance from Parnell Road
- Monday 25th October 9am-12 Dr Bike Session (Bring your bike to be fixed/checked)
- Monday 25th October 10am -12 Training Sessions
- Tuesday 26th October 10am -12 Training Sessions
- Thursday 28th October 10am -12 Training Sessions
- To book a session please see the attached flyer or click here
Parent & Family Support Service ~ 14th October 2021
‘The Parent and Family Support Service builds resilience, independence and sustainability in local communities to support early help and is highly valued by the parents involved.’
Tower Hamlets Inspection of Children’s Social Care Ofsted Report 2019
To find out more about the work of the Parent and Family Support Service visit: www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/parentfamilysupport
Search the Local Offer for information about services available to children, young people and families in Tower Hamlets. www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/localoffer